The new Royal Adelaide Hospital
The new Royal Adelaide Hospital is the most advanced hospital, delivering world-class health care in a modern, safe environment.
It has been designed to ensure all South Australians have access to state-of-the-art facilities that are flexible and can adapt to the changing needs of healthcare into the future.
Facilities at the new Royal Adelaide Hospital
The new Royal Adelaide Hospital features 700, 100% overnight single patient rooms which include:
- Private ensuite bathrooms
- Facilities for a visiting family member to spend the night (subject to personal care)
- Natural light
- Opening windows to allow fresh air inside
- Easy access to outdoor areas and internal gardens (70+ spaces)
- An additional 100 same day beds.
Technology at the new Royal Adelaide Hospital
A number of technological features have been included in the new Royal Adelaide Hospital such as:
- Patient weighing beds
- Wireless technology
- Equipment tracking capabilities
- In-room entertainment
- Meal ordering for patients.
Retail precinct at the new Royal Adelaide Hospital
A retail precinct is on-site, offering services to patients, visitors and staff such as, eateries and cafes, newsagency, florist and additional facilities such as a gymnasium and childcare centre
Other features at the new Royal Adelaide Hospital
Other features of the new Royal Adelaide Hospital include:
- 40 identical technical suites (operating theatres, intervention suits and procedure rooms) built to the world’s best standards. Each measuring 65m² (there is only one of this size at the existing RAH)
- Multiple entry points and short distances between treatment and recovery areas
- A fleet of automated guided vehicles to help move supplies and equipment around the hospital
- An emphasis on outdoor spaces, internal gardens and access to views
- The new Royal Adelaide Hospital is the State’s flagship hospital providing a comprehensive range of tertiary level care to patients, with a focus on privacy and passive surveillance.