The Royal Adelaide Hospital
The newly completed Royal Adelaide Hospital is the most advanced hospital, delivering world-class health care in a modern, safe environment.
It has been designed to ensure all South Australians have access to state-of-the-art facilities that are flexible and can adapt to the changing needs of healthcare into the future.
Facilities at the newly completed Royal Adelaide Hospital
The Royal Adelaide Hospital features 700, 100% overnight single patient rooms which include:
- Private ensuite bathrooms
- Facilities for a visiting family member to spend the night (subject to personal care)
- Natural light
- Opening windows to allow fresh air inside
- Easy access to outdoor areas and internal gardens (70+ spaces)
- An additional 100 same day beds.
Technology at the Royal Adelaide Hospital
A number of technological features have been included in the newly completed Royal Adelaide Hospital such as:
- Patient weighing beds
- Wireless technology
- Equipment tracking capabilities
- In-room entertainment
- Meal ordering for patients.
Retail precinct at the Royal Adelaide Hospital
Celsus manages a number of commercial tenancies within the RAH. These are:
- Food and Beverage (F&B) Various – provided by Spotless F&B
- Childcare Stepping Stone SA
- Gym EFM
- Medical Suite Optometrist, Medical, Dental, Pathology and Allied Health Services Facility
- Pharmacy Terry White Chemmart
- Florist Flowers In Hospital
- Newsagency CALHN Newsagency
- Nail Salon Excel Nails
- Therapeutic Massage name to be advised
- Fundraising Kiosk SA-RAH’s Gift Shop & the RAH Research Fund
- Fundraising Kiosk The Hospital Research Foundation
- ATM Commonwealth Bank (to come)
- ATM Bank SA
Other features at the Royal Adelaide Hospital
Other features of the newly completed Royal Adelaide Hospital include:
- 40 identical technical suites (operating theatres, intervention suits and procedure rooms) built to the world’s best standards. Each measuring 65m² (there is only one of this size at the old RAH)
- Multiple entry points and short distances between treatment and recovery areas
- A fleet of automated guided vehicles to help move supplies and equipment around the hospital
- An emphasis on outdoor spaces, internal gardens and access to views
- The Royal Adelaide Hospital is the State’s flagship hospital providing a comprehensive range of tertiary level care to patients, with a focus on privacy and passive surveillance.