Celsus celebrates the opening of the new Royal Adelaide Hospital.
Construction of South Australia’s new Royal Adelaide Hospital, one of Australia’s most advanced hospitals is now complete.
The patient move commenced on 4 September 2017. It is estimated that 85,000 patients per year will be cared for at the new facility and as such it has been designed to create the best possible experience for patients and their family members.
The Public Private Partnership (PPP)
The South Australian Government has developed the new Royal Adelaide Hospital under the SA Public Private Partnership (PPP) framework.
The consortium responsible for delivering this facility has included:
- Hansen Yuncken
- CPB Contractors (Formerly Leighton Contractors)
- DXC Technology
The Public Private Partnership (PPP) contract is to design, finance, construct and manage non clinical services of the facility till 2046.
Construction milestones have included:
- Topping out of the concrete structure – September 2014
- Architectural and functional design completion – December 2014
- High Voltage infrastructure completion with the connection of two 66Kv supply feeds from South Australian Power Networks to the site substation – December 2014
- Last tower crane removed – May 2015
- Certificate of Occupancy – October 2016
- Technical Completion – March 2017
- Commercial Acceptance – June 2017